* POWER METAL The protagonist arrives riding a white unicorn, escapes from the dragon, saves the princess and makes love to her in an enchanted forest.
* THRASH METAL The protagonist arrives, fights the dragon, saves the princess and fucks her.
* HEAVY METAL The protagonist arrives on a Harley, kills the dragon, drinks a few beers and fucks the princess.
* FOLK METAL The protagonist arrives with some friends playing accordions, violins, flutes and many more weird instruments, the dragon falls asleep (because of all the dancing). Then all leave…….. without the princess.
* VIKING METAL The protagonist arrives in a ship, kills the dragon with his mighty axe, skins the dragon and eats it, rapes the princess to death, steals her belongings and burns the castle before leaving.
* DEATH METAL The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon, fucks the princess and kills her, then leaves.
* BLACK METAL The protagonist IS the dragon, dwells in the heart of the night with in a castle full of hellhounds and eternal flames. He kills the sassy knight, fucks the noble steed and sacrifices the princess to Satan.
* GORE METAL The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon and spreads his guts in front of the castle, fucks the princess and kills her. Then he fucks the dead body again, slashes her belly and eats her guts. Then he fucks the carcass for the third time, burns the corpse and fucks it for the last time.
* DOOM METAL The protagonist arrives, sees the size of the dragon and thinks he could never beat him, then he gets depressed and commits suicide. The dragon eats his body and the princess as dessert. That’s the end of the sad story.
* PROGRESSIVE METAL The protagonist arrives with a guitar and plays a solo of 26 minutes. The dragon kills himself out of boredom. The protagonist arrives to the princess’ bedroom, plays another solo with all the techniques and tunes he learned in the last year of the conservatory. The princess escapes looking for the ‘HEAVY METAL’ protagonist.
* GLAM METAL The protagonist arrives, the dragon laughs at the guy’s appearance and lets him enter. He steals the princess’ make up and tries to paint the castle in a beautiful pink color.
* NU METAL The protagonist arrives in a run down Honda Civic and attempts to fight the dragon but he burns to death when his moronic baggy clothes catch fire.
Yet a strange thing has happened to policy discussion: on both sides of the Atlantic, a consensus has emerged among movers and shakers that nothing can or should be done about jobs. Instead of a determination to do something about the ongoing suffering and economic waste, one sees a proliferation of excuses for inaction, garbed in the language of wisdom and responsibility.
So someone needs to say the obvious: inventing reasons not to put the unemployed back to work is neither wise nor responsible. It is, instead, a grotesque abdication of responsibility.
This is happening because, in Western “democracies”, the government does not work for or care about actual people, but are wholly-owned subsidiaries of corporate oligarchs.
The sooner people realize this and burn the whole fucking thing to the ground, the better.
“Now, there’s one thing you might have noticed I don’t complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don’t fall out of the sky. They don’t pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It’s what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you’re going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain’t going to do any good; you’re just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it’s not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here… like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There’s a nice campaign slogan for somebody: ‘The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.’”—George Carlin (via loveyourchaos)
In the aftermath of Sunday’s devastating tornado in Joplin, Mo., a key House panel has approved a $1 billion aid package to make sure federal disaster relief accounts don’t run out before the end of the budget year in September.
The Appropriations panel approved the measure by voice vote as an amendment to a measure funding the Federal Emergency Management Agency and other Department of Homeland Security programs for the 2012 fiscal year beginning Oct. 1.
The disaster aid package would be financed by a $1.5 billion cut from a loan program to encourage the production of fuel-efficient vehicles. That means the new spending wouldn’t add to out-of-control budget deficits.
On Monday, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said that Congress would not approve funds for disaster relief without budget cuts elsewhere. “If there is support for a supplemental, it would be accompanied by support for having pay-fors to that supplemental,” he said.
Because commitment to GOP ideology is more important than commitment to actual people who are suffering and need help. Oh, wait! That is GOP ideology!
Go fuck yourself, Eric Cantor. Go fuck yourself in the face with a chainsaw.
There are things that annoy you. Politicians saying offensive things. Celebrities saying shit that pisses you off. Fans liking or hating things that you disagree with. I get that. Things piss you off on a daily basis.
What I don’t get is why you need to share that with me on Tumblr. See, when I…
I’m sorry, either you are directing this comment to someone else, or you have misunderstood the intent behind my blog. If the former, disregard this in toto. The following assumes the latter situation.
I don’t give a shit about sharing with people, or garnering followers, or any off the bullshit popularity contests that arise from these networks. “The Appendix of the Mind” is what the title applies - that place where toxic things go to not interfere with the rest of the entity; I use this blog to vent my spleen, to get things off my chest and say my piece. I rant about things so that they don’t simmer un-voiced in my head and stressing me out. I post funny things I find, whether from other sources or here - I typically follow people here only because they post things that - in one way or another - make me feel better. And when I come across things that erase the frown lines above my eyebrows and work to deepen the crow’s feet that appear when I smile, I reflexive try to pass that good feeling on to others (that may well run counter to my other goal, but I also believe in some form of ‘karma’ and figure I should balance the poison pen with some levity)
One statement that I take issue with is the directive to simply ‘ignore that which bothers me’ - again, if I’m posting about something that has ticked me off, I’m already thinking and dwelling on it and it’s already stressing me. The best way for me to relieve that stress is to say my piece on it; to state my point and position and ‘get it off my chest’. Simply ignoring the source is rarely an option and invariably too late by the time I hit my Tumblr bookmark…
I always am surprised when I read that I’ve garnered ANOTHER follower, since this is NEVER my intent; sometimes I’m amused by this, other times I’m worried - “why would they wanna follow THIS pipeline of venom?” But then, other people aren’t my concern with tAotM; I’ll be honest here and admit it’s a selfish little chance to ‘vent my spleen’ and hurl my ill will out into the ether and let it go.
Again, this blog is NOT a caring, sharing attempt to curry popularity with as many people as it can; it’s a pressure release valve. Some of the stuff that comes out of it may be funny - even some of the more hyperbolic rants - but some of it is just vengeful, mean, and possibly just downright EVIL.
…and if you follow this, your dissatisfaction is hardly MY concern. No malice or ill will intended to you, but equally, no real worry on my part.
Reusing your quoting Henry Jones, Jr., PhD., if what you’re following is NOT pleasing you, it might be better to hit that “-” button at the top right and…yeah.
That said, props to you personally - you’re one of the people I follow (and that’s because you usually post things that make me LESS stressed out), and even if you stop following me, I ain’t gonna unfollow you (cuz, you know - selfish bastard :) ) Indeed, you’re one of the few Internet denizens I *actually* have some concern for, so if what I say is getting to you, I encourage you to unfollow me.
But don’t expect me to stop ranting and venting and blowing off steam here, otherwise I’ll go back to the method I used before I found Tumblr - venting and unloading my stresses onto my wife, having her listen with half an ear to whatever’s gotten under my skin at present. And Zyxst is someone ELSE you follow… ;)